EBM Software applications require Excel to trust its connection to your Catalyst website. With recent Microsoft Security Hardening, Excel now requires you to create a trusted location for all EBM-connected files, otherwise we can't guarantee your files will work as expected.
- If you encounter a warning message in a red bar at the top of Excel that says "Security Risk: Microsoft has blocked macros from running because the source of this file is untrusted" you'll need to create a Trusted Location in Excel and store/open all of your EBM-connected files from that folder location.
Setting up Trusted Locations
Create trusted locations and assign them full Macro enabled rights. You can create as many trusted locations as you want.
- To do this in Excel, go to File > Options > Trust Center > Trust Center Settings > Trusted Locations > Add new location.
- Add folders and/or include subfolders as Trusted Locations where you store your Catalyst and EBM connected documents.
- If you store them on the cloud, be sure to select the option to allow trusted locations on my network after trusting a shared drive or cloud based folder.
- Quit Excel.
- Move your affected files to a file folder you've designated as trusted.
- Open your file(s) from that folder.
Additionally, you can choose to trust files individually:
- Find the file in your Windows Explorer.
- Right-click it and select Properties.
- Tick "Unblock" and hit apply.
- The file should now be trusted.