This article contains the following topics:
Catalyst offers the ability for us to feed data from your ERP(s) into the application automatically through automated integrations, but we also allow you to manually load and manipulate data into your application when and where you see fit.
Data Types for Manual Export and Upload
Here are some examples of some data types you can manually load into Catalyst:
- Financial Actuals
- Profitability or Operational Actuals
- Financial and Profitability Overrides
- Financial and Profitability Attributes
- Financial Planning
- Summary Planning
- Account Planning
- Balance Planning
- Detail Planning
- Profitability Planning
- Item Planning
- Customer Planning
- Rate Planning
- Currency Exchange Rates
- Hierarchy Data (Ex. Accounts, Items, Inventory, Company, Customer, Location, Etc.)
These types of data loads occur by exporting a templated Excel EBM upload sheet to your computer, adding or editing your data, and uploading that sheet back into Catalyst.
Any time you see an Export/Upload tab or an Excel Options dropdown in Catalyst, you have the ability to load data into the Catalyst interface and application database.
Export and Upload Steps
- From Catalyst, choose any of the data types you want to upload or edit from the tabs in the sidebar on the left.
- Look for the Export/Upload tab OR the Excel Options menu on the right.
- In that menu, select any of the Export options to extract and download the templated Excel EBM upload sheet to your computer.
- Open and edit that file.
- You can now add your data to the Excel file, but only do so in the column or columns you want to create changes or additions. Additionally, do not edit the column headers in this file.
Note: You can add text or data to any cell to columns to the right of your hardcoded headers, which can be helpful for computations or instructions in files you use regularly.
Once you've added your data to the sheet, simply toggle to the EBM Office Bridge tab in Excel and click Upload to load the data back into Catalyst. Alternatively, you upload your sheet from the Excel Options menu back in Catalyst where you originally downloaded the upload sheet.
Either above or below methods work the same when uploading your data.
Check out our long-form tutorial on how to upload data into your Catalyst website.