Error message: MS Office has timed out while receiving or sending data, please close the window and attempt the operation again. If the issue persists, please contact your system administrator.
Timeout error when uploading via Excel EBM Office Bridge
May occur when attempting to upload data into Catalyst from Excel, using the EBM Office Bridge ribbon. The error will manifest by a dialog window that says "Processing" with a spinning wheel, and then timeout with a system error message stating MS Office has timed out.
The solution is two fold:
- Force IE to run in the background, rather than Microsoft Edge (instructions here).
- Reset IE (instructions below).
Reset Internet Explorer settings
- Close all open windows and programs.
- Open Internet Explorer, select Tools > Internet options.
- Select the Advanced tab.
- In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, select Reset.
- In the box, Are you sure you want to reset all Internet Explorer settings?, select Reset.
Once both are completed, quit IE and Edge via the Task Manager (control alt delete > task manager) and attempt your work again. Let me know how it goes!