Error message: An operation that uses the database driver could not be completed. If the driver is a Microsoft driver, make sure the driver file isn't damaged, and if it is, reinstall the driver by reinstalling Microsoft Query. For other drivers, contact your database administrator or driver vendor.
Analysis Services Wizard with Database Driver Operation Failure
Clicking cancel in the above dialog window produces the following error message:
Users will unexpectedly see the Analysis Services connection wizard when working or refreshing an Excel cube file. Trying to enter credentials in this will not work and isn't connected to your Catalyst login. Clicking Cancel produces the next error, which references a failed database driver. Neither of these issues are EBM Software issues, and rather, they're specific to Microsoft and Excel limitations.
- First, try following the steps in this article.
- Although it's not the most satisfying solution, The first resolution to rule out is to always quit Excel and restart your machine. It shouldn't be that simple but often it is.
- Run the Cube Updater function in Catalyst. Here are instructions.
- If neither of the above work, ensure that you fully enable Macros in Excel Options > Trust Center.
- Some have indicated this error message when they have a firewall in place blocking port traffic, such as Windows firewall running on the Analysis Services machine. You could try disabling your local firewall or antivirus software to see if the file works without it.
- The final test is to see if the file works for you on a different machine. If it does and none of the above works for you, then that means the issue is completely localized to your machine and its environment, which will require assistance from your IT dept (it's not something our team will be able to troubleshoot). If multiple users on different machines experience the same issue with the file, send us the file and we'll investigate.