In Planning, you may want to automatically feed amounts from a profitability or operational account into your financial data on your Income Statement or Balance Sheet. Catalyst lets you do that easily.
- You would only do this for Planning to Financial syncing, rather than Financial to Planning because your financial data is usually synced via actuals overnight automation from your ERP systems.
- Allows you to keep consistency in the dollar forecast between both the Planning and Financial modules.
- Simplifies your efforts as you won't have to load GL account detail manually if you're already planning at that level of detail.
- Navigate to Planning > Planning Administration > Profitability to Financial Mapping
- Use the filters to select your Company, Scenario, and Profitability Account. Click Apply Filter.
- This will show you what mapping already exists from that filter combination.
- Click Add under Actions to a new mapping.
- Most common use-case is to connect your Gross Sales profitability account to a generic Financial revenue account, such as Sales.
- You cannot manually map items or customers. It must be on a broader scale (e.g. account to account).