It's less common, but you may find that you want to duplicate a scenario and its corresponding data. Usually this will only occur for budget or forecast scenarios. The primary purpose for this would be to keep your original scenario intact as you make changes in a new scenario built from the original.
This article contains the following sections:
Create a new scenario and use the original scenario as the source definition.
- Navigate to Administration > Site Management > Scenario.
- Add New.
- Add the scenario name, short name, include in the cube and in reporting and planning, choose your base scenario year, select your scenario type, and choose none for actuals through.
- Here's where you can set up your source definition. Choose the scenario you want to duplicate in the Beginning Balance dropdown and for each period of the year.
- Save and refresh the cube!
An alternate way to copy or duplicate a scenario is to export all the data from the actuals page (if you're duplicating an actuals scenario) or the planning page (if you're duplicating a budget or forecast scenario) into Excel.
- If actuals, navigate to Administration > Financial or Profitability Actuals. If a budget or forecast, navigate to Planning > Financial or Profitability depending on the type of plan.
- Select your filters, namely which scenario you want to duplicate and leave all other fields set to All.
- Apply filter and wait for the results to populate.
- Export to Excel under the Excel Options dropdown.
- In Excel, change the scenario name for each cell.
- Go back into Catalyst and to the appropriate page (wherever you exported from).
- Choose upload from the Excel Options.
Note: This method may not allow you to capture all of the details and won't 100% cover all data conditions, but in some cases may work better than Method 1.
change the scenario name and re-upload into the appropriate account/actuals page into a new blank scenario,