I want to see ending balances for all accounts from a given year. How can I see that in Catalyst?
Normally you can do this right in the Catalyst website, using the Manage Actuals > Financial Actuals module to filter to your desired dataset. At which point you can then export it to Excel and manipulate in any other way you'd like.
But, in this case you'll need to use a Cube instead. The reason for this is because the Manage Actuals page is designed to only show the balances for periods that have data. Therefore, if there was no activity (e.g. sales) for the account in question for a given period in your selection, it will not return a balance when Balances are selected in the Account Type filter.
- Download a Financial Cube from Catalyst under Analysis > Financial Cube.
- Set your filters to mimic the column headers that show up in the Manage Actuals > Financial Actuals results page, as seen below:
- Select Ending Balance under Measures and then filter to only December, so you can see year ending balances.
- Finally, do some formatting under Pivot Table Design in Excel:
Turn off Subtotals:
Turn off Grand Totals:
Show in Tabular Form:
Repeat All Item Labels:
- You can now use this format for anything else you may need.